Windows Media Center Connector will not install RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all I have installed the latest Power Pack 3 beta. My problem is this I can not get Windows Media Center Connector to install I get as fra as inputing in the server password type it in press enter and it just sits there, any ideas on how to make in finish the install.

Many Thanks

IAN (UK)
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 4:05 PM

All replies

• What operating system are you using on the computer?
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 11:22 PM
  • Hi all I have installed the latest Power Pack 3 beta. My problem is this I can not get Windows Media Center Connector to install I get as fra as inputing in the server password type it in press enter and it just sits there, any ideas on how to make in finish the install.

Many Thanks

IAN (UK)

I would try uninstalling PP3 beta first.  If it works after uninstalling PP3 beta, you should file a bug report on Connect.
    Friday, October 9, 2009 12:42 AM
  • ok guys thanks for getting back to me..

1. im using windows 7 on the pc in question

2. that would be a last thing to try as last time i did it i had to reinstall server and that was a nightmare,  just one thing to note on that and that is that I have 3 machines at this site and all have the same OS and settings yet 2 work and one has this problem. I also manage several WHS setups and not had this problem any where else even my home one and I do try to set them up the same, Think I may try to reinstall client but it just sounds a bit drastic to do so.

Many thanks for your help and any new help you may offer

IAN (UK)
    Friday, October 9, 2009 1:31 PM
  • ok guys thanks for getting back to me..

1. im using windows 7 on the pc in question

What version/build of 7 is it?

2. that would be a last thing to try as last time i did it i had to reinstall server and that was a nightmare,

You're going to have to uninstall it sooner or later.  PP3 RTM will not install on a server where the beta version is currently installed.  In addition, you make it sound like this is somewhere other than own your own equipment (not to mention it apparently isn't a "throwaway" WHS installation either).  If so, IMHO, installing any beta software on any equipment that you don't own is a bad decision (unless the owners specifically asked you to do so, and even then I would strongly urge the owners to reconsider).

just one thing to note on that and that is that I have 3 machines at this site and all have the same OS and settings yet 2 work and one has this problem. I also manage several WHS setups and not had this problem any where else even my home one and I do try to set them up the same, Think I may try to reinstall client but it just sounds a bit drastic to do so.

Many thanks for your help and any new help you may offer

IAN (UK)
    Friday, October 9, 2009 10:32 PM
  • Im using win 7 pro from my fathers msdn account.

Ok the server in question is my fathers, yes he did ask me to install it, but at the end of the day if anything go's bad, guess what Im the one that has to reinstall.  We are going to reinstall the client pc to see if that fix's the problem.

Many Thanks

IAN
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 9:06 PM