Cannot update an option set in a form footer RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone tell me why I cannot have an option set in the footer that I can update via JavaScript?  If I moved it out of the footer and into the code, I can update it.  If I put it in the footer, I cannot update it.  Seems odd.  Is there any limitations as to what you can put into the footer? 

Best regards,

Jon Rothlander

Jon Gregory Rothlander

Monday, March 31, 2014 7:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Jon,
    fields included only inside the footer (or the header) can't be updated using the Xrm javascript methods.
    A supported way is to include the field also inside the body and hide it, in this way you can update its value, but the changes inside the footer one will be reflected only after a save.

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

Monday, March 31, 2014 9:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Jon,
    fields included only inside the footer (or the header) can't be updated using the Xrm javascript methods.
    A supported way is to include the field also inside the body and hide it, in this way you can update its value, but the changes inside the footer one will be reflected only after a save.

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

Monday, March 31, 2014 9:15 PM
  • Thanks for explaining this.  I was seeing this happening but I wasn't sure if it was designed to work this way or just something I was doing incorrectly.

I'm only showing this field during testing, so it's not a big deal for me in this case to just move it out of the footer.  But I wanted to make sure I understood how this is supposed to work. 

Jon Gregory Rothlander

Monday, March 31, 2014 10:59 PM