Issue with specifying a/v authentication edge RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I'm having issue with replacing OCS 2007 R2 edge server. I successfully deployed new Edge which properly validates. However I'm unable to change pool config to use new edge for a/v authentication. I see both Edge boxes on the list, but whatever I want to change on this dialog it gives me:

Validation failed - Validation failed with HRESULT = 0xC3EC7DAE

I'm unable to change to new Edge and decommission old box. Any help would be appreciated. I even tried to change the assignment in WMI (wbemtest) in MSFT_SIPPoolConfig class. But it doesn't allow me to update that string :(

Help!

Marcin Dobija | MCSE:Security | MCITP:EA,EMA,SA | MCDBA | MCTS:W2k8,E2k7,SQL2005,OCS,ISA | MCBMSP:CRM4 | MS ITAC Member
    Monday, September 7, 2009 11:32 PM

Answers

• Hi Jeff,

thanks for the reply. It turned out that something failed in pool and I couldn't change it even when I replaced FE box in the pool, so it looks like an error in AD. I created separate pool, assigned new Edge to it and moved users. Everything worked smoothly that way. The only thing was I had errors when removing pool, but forced this and now everything works fine.

Thanks, Marcin
    Marcin Dobija | MCSE:Security | MCITP:EA,EMA,SA | MCDBA | MCTS:W2k8,E2k7,SQL2005,OCS,ISA | MCBMSP:CRM4 | MS ITAC Member
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 5:36 PM

All replies

• Marcin,

There is a specific order to updating the settings; take a look at this blog article and see if it helps: http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=68
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 4:36 PM
  • Hi Jeff,

thanks for the reply. It turned out that something failed in pool and I couldn't change it even when I replaced FE box in the pool, so it looks like an error in AD. I created separate pool, assigned new Edge to it and moved users. Everything worked smoothly that way. The only thing was I had errors when removing pool, but forced this and now everything works fine.

Thanks, Marcin
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 5:36 PM