none
SyncToy 2.1 doesn't seem to actually check destination RRS feed

• Question

• I setup a folder pair set as echo to copy one file.  The first pass worked perfectly.  I deleted the file on the destination and ran the pair again.  SyncToy claims it found one file that does not require action.  Being that the file doesn't exist on the destination I do not see how SyncToy thinks no action is required.
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 5:09 PM

All replies

• Same here.  Windows 7.
    Wednesday, April 14, 2010 3:01 PM
  • Apparently with Echo, Sync Toy just checks the left folder for changes.  If no changes in the left folder then it deems no action required. 

What happens if you have to replace the destination drive with a new one.  It seems you have to create a new Sync Toy job.  This is fine unless there are complicated filters on the folders on the left drive.  

It would be nice to be able to force Sync Toy to compare left and right folders and perform Echo left to right.  Is there a way to do this?  I tried deleting the SyncToy_XXXXX.dat files in the top level source folder but this did not work.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 3:03 PM
  • It does sync both ways if you set the action to synchronize instead of echo.

Art [artfudd] Folden
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    "James.Wilson" wrote in message news:84022d6f-a4a4-4106-a097-4d10c5c54b71...

Apparently with Echo, Sync Toy just checks the left folder for changes. If
    no changes in the left folder then it deems no action required.

What happens if you have to replace the destination drive with a new one.
    It seems you have to create a new Sync Toy job. This is fine unless there
    are complicated filters on the folders on the left drive.

It would be nice to be able to force Sync Toy to compare left and right
    folders and perform Echo left to right. Is there a way to do this? I tried
    deleting the SyncToy_XXXXX.dat files in the top level source folder but this
    did not work.

Art..
    Thursday, April 15, 2010 11:15 PM