Anthonyjohnhaley RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased a Windows 7 Professional from Sybertech in South Africa,but have found that every time I try to download anything,I am getting a message that I do not have the authority to download this! Have I bought a pirate Windows product,or is there a way to get this problem sorted?

Regards Anthonyjohnhaley

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 5:03 PM

Answers

• No further reply from the original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 8:10 PM

All replies

• "Anthonyjohnhaley" wrote in message news:c4000aaf-37db-4bfd-82df-0bc9c10f9ae6...

I purchased a Windows 7 Professional from Sybertech in South Africa,but have found that every time I try to download anything,I am getting a message that I do not have the authority to download this! Have I bought a pirate Windows product,or is there a way to get this problem sorted?

Regards Anthonyjohnhaley

What exact error message are you getting?
    what happens if you attempt to download the MGADiag tool?

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool
    (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
      - **in your own thread**, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 5:23 PM
  • Hi Noel,I followed what you suggested,and got as far as downloading the MGADiag tool,and the result of the tools run,but when it came to copy,and save to desktop,nothing happens,I can find the saved file anywhere,so paste was out,and can't even print this diagnosis out,although I did copy the whole thing manually,and was going to scan this, and send as an attachment,but maybe this won't work for you!Regards Anthonyjohnhaley.

Anthonyjohnhaley

Saturday, June 23, 2012 5:04 PM
  • "Anthonyjohnhaley" wrote in message news:bb8d5ade-db73-468b-880b-bb7066ba3553...

Hi Noel,I followed what you suggested,and got as far as downloading the MGADiag tool,and the result of the tools run,but when it came to copy,and save to desktop,nothing happens,I can find the saved file anywhere,so paste was out,and can't even print this diagnosis out,although I did copy the whole thing manually,and was going to scan this, and send as an attachment,but maybe this won't work for you!Regards Anthonyjohnhaley.

Anthonyjohnhaley

Please read what I posted - you will never see anything 'happen' (except possibly an error message) when you click the Copy button - simply follow through with the rest of the instructions.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Saturday, June 23, 2012 6:09 PM
  • No further reply from the original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 8:10 PM