none
Money Plus Sunset "Go To Payee" doesn't find all instances of a payee RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have been experiencing this problem for a while now, but it does not ocurr with all payees. If I right click an object (say a check) and select "Go To Payee", I am taken to that Payee's account page, but not all instances of that payee are listed. Is there something I may have accidentally done?

Also, sometimes when initiating a new transaction, when I start typing the name of the payee in, it does not appear in the pick list, but if I continue typing, the name eventually shows up in the payee name box.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:39 PM

Answers

• Start with File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair

Then, if your symptoms continue,
    File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2
    to make a repaired version of your file. Let's hope that solves it.

I guess if the problem continues, I would Move a given Payee to a new Payee name. Then if some of the old name persists, move that too. So I might move Acme Hardware into Acme Hardware 2. Then if any Acme Hardware remains, do a Move again.

• Marked as answer by MrChristian Monday, March 4, 2013 1:34 PM
    Sunday, March 3, 2013 2:04 PM

All replies

• Here are somethings that may help with your Payees.

Go to Banking->AccountTools->Categories&Payees->Payees , or better
    yet, add the Paye stortcut a the top of the window. Select a
    payee and use Move to combine payees.  This will get rid of the extra
    Payee.  This is better in many cases than Delete.  While Delete
    will remove the Payee from the lists, it will not change the Payee
    for past transactions as Move would.

Tools->Options/Settings->OnlineServices->ReplacePayeeNames...
    enables replacement of payees with names you have used.
    Banking->AccountTools->Categories&Payees->Payees->PreferredPayeeNames
    shows how downloaded names are translated into Payees.

Also click on GoToPayeeRulesManager.  Your downloaded transactions
    may come with some generic term where the Payee should be.
    Excluded Payee Names identifies words and phrases that should be
    ignored from the payee field (e.g., check, deposit).  Add words
    that are generically added by your bank.  Unfortunately there are
    no wildcards, so check 334, check 335, and check 336 will each be
    treated as potential new payee names.  Set
    Tools->Options/Settings->OnlineServices->ShowStandardizedPayeeNames
    [M07+]Tools->Settings->OnlineServiceSettings->ShowStandardizedPayeeNames
    to combine payees that differ only by a number and/or punctuation.
    This may work better after you have combined payees from previous
    downloads.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 10:11 PM
  • Thanx for the reply, but I don't think I properly explained the issue. I am not having a problem combining the same account that may use several names.  I will try to describe the issue in more detail.

1) All instances of the payee account are using the exact same name

2) When I click on the PAYEES icon at the top of the page, and then click on a particular payee, the payee account page brings up a list of all transactions involving that payee in the lower right corner of the window.

3) In **SOME** cases, not all transactions with that payee are showing up in that list.

I am not sure if I had previously renamed payee in these particular transactions, that is possible. But when I go to an account (say my checking account) and find an instance of one of the payees I am having this issue with, and right click it, then click on GO O PAYEE, the list  of transactions that comes up does not always include ALL the transactions with that payee. e.g. if I sort the checking account by payee and search for this particular payee, there may be more transactions in the checking account (with that payee) than show up in the payee acount page transaction list.

I hope that clarifies it a little. I have even gone so far as to manually search each instance of this one payee in two checking accounts and copy and paste the payee name in each transaction so I was sure there was no spelling error, etc.

Thanx!

Sunday, March 3, 2013 1:51 PM

I guess if the problem continues, I would Move a given Payee to a new Payee name. Then if some of the old name persists, move that too. So I might move Acme Hardware into Acme Hardware 2. Then if any Acme Hardware remains, do a Move again.

• Marked as answer by MrChristian Monday, March 4, 2013 1:34 PM
    Sunday, March 3, 2013 2:04 PM

Thanx for the help. The repair found no issues, but I rename the instances of the account that were not showing up, then renamed (combined)  that account with the original named account and that worked. I had thought about doing that before but was too lazy :-) I had to rename about 8 transactions, but it didn't take that long. Thanx again.
    Monday, March 4, 2013 1:33 PM