Workflow to Automatically Create a Call from a New Email (But Not in Cases) RRS feed

• Question

• I have setup the automatic email to case functionality in CRM 2015 and it works great. The problem that I have is that we created our own customized solution under service and would like cases to be created under this customization. I had a look at the settings but have not seen any setting to change where the creation takes place. Is it possible to point to our customized solution? I will really appreciate any help with this matter.
    Friday, April 10, 2015 9:05 AM

All replies

• Hi John,

Have a look at the new Channel Engagement Framework coming with Dynamics CRM Online 2015 Update 1

Link: https://technet.microsoft.com/library/dn531078.aspx#BKMK_channeleng

You can specify various rule conditions and define actions to create or update different type of records. This may integrate better with your existing solution.

Hope it helps.

Ramon

Saturday, April 11, 2015 4:08 PM
  • Hi Ramon,

Since your reply I first upgraded to update 0.1. This completely removed my previously imported customizations and made it impossible to import back. After weeks of struggling I eventually decided to start from scratch. After reinstalling and updating to update 0.1, I could import the customizations again (took 6 hours for a 163 KB file). I then tried to upgrade to update 1. Upgrading the email router had no issues but when I try upgrading the CRM server to update 1 (CRM2015-Mui-KB3056327-ENU-amd64) I get an error saying "Microsoft Dynamics CRM English (United States) Language Pack is not installed on this computer". I then downloaded the English language pack (CRM2015-Mui-ENU-amd64) but when trying to install it I get the following error message:

"You cannot proceed with the installation because the language of the Language Pack, English (United States), you are trying to install is the same language as the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server."

I have tried searching through forums but most solutions apply to CRM 2013 and doesn't work anyway.

Any suggestions?

Thursday, May 21, 2015 7:07 AM