none
OCR: converting pdf to format that allows text-to-speech software to work RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone advise me how I might convert text in a pdf to a file format that would allow text-to-speech software to function?

I need to facilitate access to large quantities text book information for profound dyslexics.

I am wondering if this is the right forum - please advise if there are other places for me to research this.

Thank you in advance, Antonia Bullivant

Sunday, November 3, 2019 8:45 AM

All replies

• You are asking about two things. The first is how to get the text in PDF files. The other is how to use that text for text-to-speech software.

The second part is easy to solve. Just look for text-to-speech software. So it would have been better to not ask about that. I believe that Microsoft offers such software and I assume it is easy to find.

You can get the text from PDF files in two ways. One is using software that allows you to access a PDF file (that would be the better solution). Such software is easy to find. The other way is to use OCR software, there are various libraries for converting PDF files using OCR.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Sunday, November 3, 2019 8:59 PM