Setting up Server Side Sync for CRM 2013 Onpremise RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts,

I am trying to enable incoming and outgoing emails in CRM. For this, I have created one Server Profile record (SP) and associated my Mailbox to this. SP uses Office 365 server location. I stored my user credentials in my mailbox record to authenticate. I ran the test and got success for Incoming and Outgoing. I was able to send from and receive emails in CRM with no issues.

This worked fine my user account. Now in order to set it up for other user, is it necessary for me to set other user's login credentials in the mailbox record?

If so, I don't suppose this to be a viable option for us as no user will be ready to use his credentials.

In that case, Is there a way to set this up by not having to use the user credentials in the mailbox account?

-------------------------------------------

Can someone share a successful implementation of incoming and outgoing emails using server side sync?

-------------------------------------------

Thanks,

Swaroop

Monday, October 27, 2014 10:56 PM

All replies

• Hybrid deployments are not supported.  CRM On-Premises and Exchange Online (as part of Office 365) is not a supported deployment scenario.  It has to be online to online, or on-premises to on-premises.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Monday, October 27, 2014 11:02 PM
  • Hi Wayne,

I am using Server Side Synchronization. I am able to successfully send and receive emails with my user credentials. I am trying to configure it for other users in my deployment.

Based on your reply, I don't think I am stuck at receiving or sending emails from On premise to Office 365 exchange server.

Is there a way I can configure incoming and outgoing for other users without having them to specify their credentials?

Thanks,

Swaroop

Monday, October 27, 2014 11:11 PM
  • Sorry, I wasn't clear, but for Server Side Sync, hybrid deployments like yours are not supported: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn531050.aspx

As you can see from the supported deployments list, CRM On-premises to Exchange Online is not a supported deployment.  Look specifically under "Unsupported email service configurations".  Your deployment is the second type mentioned.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Monday, October 27, 2014 11:36 PM
  • Hi Wayne,

Thanks for that. Irrespective of my current configuration, do you know a way to configure individual user's mailboxes using Server side sync or Email router configuration in a way that they don't have to provide their credentials in the mailbox record?

Thanks,

Swaroop

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 5:29 PM
  • I think you can create an Exchange account that has "send on behalf of" permissions for all other mailboxes and then use that account information instead of individual users.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 5:35 PM
  • Thanks Wayne,

Can you please point me to some articles to help me understand how to set the Exchange account with 'send on behalf of' permissions?

Regards,

Swaroop

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 5:40 PM