Vista Validation...WGA Plugin RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

It seems that I too, along with many others , am experiencing the Windows Validation problem.

On Thursday, 6th November, I became unable to access any internet sites via a direct search.  I have been using the Monzilla Firefox Internet search site.  I have been using Windows Vista, ever since I upgraded from Windows Xp earlier this year.
    I have been studying the Forum on this subject, but find that although I am able to run the DIAGNOSTIC tool, which shows that 'Microsoft Genuine Advantage plug-ins are installed and loaded, and cannot connect with the Microsoft Servers', the 'Resolve Now' tool does not correct the problem.  I am also unable to find the WgaPluginInstall.exe file, and this does not automatically pop-up in a window.  I have also attempted to run some downloads, but, although the Download key can be pressed, nothing else happens.  Quite often, I just end up with a blank white page, with 'Done' shown in the bottom left hand corner.
    I  note that some people have been asked to provide a Diagnostic Report for their computer, I am unable to produce such a report.  I am now even unable to open up 'Control Panel'!
    I have also noticed that I am unable to play any of the Microsoft Games.

Can someone please provide some HELP and Assistance on this problem.  Easily understood advice would really be appreciated, as I do not fully understand the workings of a computer.

Many thanks,

Derek

Derek
    Saturday, November 8, 2008 12:19 PM

Answers

• Hello Grumpy,

Please run your MGA Diagnostic Test again and then paste the results here in this link. This will help us analyze what problem you are currently experiencing.

Thank you Grumpy,

Stephen Holm, MS
    WGA Forum Manager
    Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Friday, November 14, 2008 11:52 PM
    Monday, November 10, 2008 10:19 PM