Replacement Live OneCare won't install RRS feed

• Question

• I bought Windows Live OneCare last year and have enjoyed it's usefullness and silent running in the background compared to my years of using Northon...

I purchased a few months ago a new store bought copy of OneCare (on sale) anticipating my need for a new subscription for this year.

I can't install the darn thing!

When I put the CD in the drive it tells me that I must uninstall the existing OneCare before I can install the new one, I do it and when the install is complete it tells me my subscription is expired!

How do I input the NEW product key in order to activate my new live OneCare?!?

Thanks

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 3:39 AM

Answers

•  

You do not need to uninstall/reinstall or use the new CD except the the retail key. You simply need to renew with the retail key.

Go to http://billing.microsoft.com and sign in with your subscription LiveID. (Open OneCare and click help/about to view the subscription LiveID)

Select the OneCare subscription and click on the renew link.

Choose the option to renew with a prepaid PIN or token which is the retail product key.

Enter the 25 character key and proceed.

It can take up to 24 hours for the subscription status to be updated in OneCare.

-steve

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 12:57 PM