Best practice exam for 70-462? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'll be taking the 70-462 Database Administration exam next month.  Any suggestions for practice exams?  There are a lot of available practice exams for sale.  I saw the Transcender practice exam for 70-461 and was not impressed, so this is discouraging me from buying the Transcender 70-462 practice exam.  I'd welcome any suggestions.

Thanks,
    Eric

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 9:07 PM

Answers

• Go to the official exam description page:

https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/exam-70-462.aspx

and then examine the entry for "Practice tests". This shows the three practice test providers that are approved by Microsoft. Acquiring a practice test from a different provider is "risky" in the sense that some providers deliver "cheat" tests that contain real exam questions. Studying these questions is dishonest and might result in being disqualified for certification if you are caught.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 11:13 AM
  • The answer is: the brain dumps seem to be sketchy at best, a risk if nothing else.  The exam was 50 questions and had a 2-hour time limit.  I did far too much studying, considering how easy this test actually was.  I finished early yesterday.  I will stick with one of the 3 listed on the website from now on when taking exams in the future.

-Eric

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 4:34 PM

All replies

• Go to the official exam description page:

https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/exam-70-462.aspx

and then examine the entry for "Practice tests". This shows the three practice test providers that are approved by Microsoft. Acquiring a practice test from a different provider is "risky" in the sense that some providers deliver "cheat" tests that contain real exam questions. Studying these questions is dishonest and might result in being disqualified for certification if you are caught.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 11:13 AM
  • Thanks, Alberto.  I guess that leaves me with one of the 3 listed on Microsoft's site.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 6:05 PM
  • The answer is: the brain dumps seem to be sketchy at best, a risk if nothing else.  The exam was 50 questions and had a 2-hour time limit.  I did far too much studying, considering how easy this test actually was.  I finished early yesterday.  I will stick with one of the 3 listed on the website from now on when taking exams in the future.

-Eric

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 4:34 PM