none
Gcc C/C++ Long Time Compile Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am a software developer. I have a problem with Windows 10 and GCC. Before I could compile my projects in a short time, But now, for example, small projects can compile in extremely long time ( Before: ~10sec. Now: 3-4 min.) 

I reinstalled the compiler, I updated Windows, nothing changed. I research on the internet, there are viruses related to the program. I'm just using Windows Defender. I brought him inactive, but nothing changed. Please help me.

My System:

Intel Core i7 + 480GB SSD + 16GB Ram

• Moved by Baron Bi Monday, June 5, 2017 6:55 AM not about Microsoft products
    Tuesday, May 30, 2017 8:37 AM

All replies

• Hello,

if you have already read about viruses, you should analyze your computer with an antivirus software. Windows Defender is not enough.

Have you checked the Task-Manager, if there is another programme that uses a lot of CPU and disk operations while you are compiling your project?

This here is the forum for Visual Studio Languages. For help about GCC, you should ask in

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/gnu.gcc.help

Regards, Guido

• Proposed as answer by Guido Franzke Wednesday, June 7, 2017 8:28 AM
    Tuesday, May 30, 2017 9:33 AM
  • Hello,

I checked Task manager but Cpu load under %10 when compiling.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 9:57 AM
  • In Task manager, look at Performance tab. While you compile, is there prolonged high disk activity? Check Windows event log for disk or controller errors, or other clues.

-- pa

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 1:03 PM
  • Hi SauCompEng,

thanks for posting here.

This forum is about c++ development with Microsoft products. For your case, please refer to Guido Franzke's suggestion and post on GCC forum.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Best Regards,

Sera Yu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 1:39 AM