Shared Folders takes minutes to open (Windows 10) RRS feed

• Question

• A few months back clicking on Shared Folders on the Launchpad would almost instantaneously open Windows Explorer with the available shared folders. However, these days can take several minutes before anything happens whether the Windows 10 PC has been recently booted or on for hours.

Any ideas/fixes?

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 10:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I want to confirm with your that if this problem only happens on specific client – the Windows 10 device you have mentioned. 

Whether the same problem happens when using File Explorer to open shared folders?

Try to re-start this client in Clean Boot (with 3rd party program disabled) and check the result. 

Besides, on the client, open CMD and ping WHS IP address to test the network connectivity. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 9, 2017 7:56 AM
  • Hi

Thanks for your reply.

It does it on my laptop and desktop both running windows 10. Yes it also happens when accessing them via File Explorer. I'll try a clean boot tonight.

Mal

Thursday, February 9, 2017 9:12 AM
  • Hi,

On WHS 2011, open Resource Monitor – Network, check to see if there is any process which consumes network resource. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 10, 2017 8:52 AM
  • Such delays are often caused by name resolution issues.

Is NetBios over TCP/IP enabled on your Windows 10 clients? (Network and Sharing Center/Change Adapter Settings/right click the active network adapter/Properties/Internet Protocol(Version 4)/Advanced button/WINS tab)

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Friday, February 10, 2017 8:58 PM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Monday, February 27, 2017 2:56 AM