none
Multiple Vote as Helpful sometimes not working RRS feed

• Question

• I tawt i saw an issue with vote as helpful. That is, marking more than one post (or is it more than one user's posts) as helpful, causes the text "vote as helpful" to not change to "already voted" and allows subsequent clicking on the same box. The subsequent click brings up an "unexpected error".

I tried to repro in the sandbox, but couldn't! Has anyone else seen this?

Monday, February 20, 2012 1:54 PM

Answers

• Hi Brian, I could repro it on our testing environment and I filed a bug to track this issue.

Thanks for reporting this.

• Proposed as answer by Hasham Niaz Wednesday, February 22, 2012 5:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Brian Tkatch Wednesday, February 22, 2012 1:11 PM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 5:44 AM

All replies

• I tawt i saw an issue with vote as helpful. That is, marking more than one post (or is it more than one user's posts) as helpful, causes the text "vote as helpful" to not change to "already voted" and allows subsequent clicking on the same box. The subsequent click brings up an "unexpected error".

I tried to repro in the sandbox, but couldn't! Has anyone else seen this?

HI Brain !

Nopes, i can't repro it here either. I clicked it multiple times on Vote As Helpful but it only allows me to do it once and the text has been changed as Already Voted .

Thanks, Hasham

Monday, February 20, 2012 2:32 PM
  • An example thread

I'm beginning to think it's because posts i already voted on (even before loading the page) are not showing up as voted on.

Monday, February 20, 2012 9:31 PM
  • I've seen this as well but not sure whether it's because I've already voted on that thread.

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Monday, February 20, 2012 10:47 PM
  • I voted your post as helpful. That worked, it went from 1 to 2, but still shows "Vote As Helpful". Clicking again caused the error.

Reloading the page (another tab) did indeed show that i had already voted. So, there's some flakiness in the voting system. I think they're adding too much realism to the voting box. :)

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 1:00 PM
  • Hi Brian, I could repro it on our testing environment and I filed a bug to track this issue.

Thanks for reporting this.

• Proposed as answer by Hasham Niaz Wednesday, February 22, 2012 5:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Brian Tkatch Wednesday, February 22, 2012 1:11 PM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 5:44 AM
  • I just got the same problem. Steps to reproduce:

1. Vote on one post in a thread.

2. Vote on another post in a thread.

3. Attempt to vote on that post again.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 4:14 PM
  • Works for me! :)

Well, in this thread. I'm thinking size may be a factor. Or the amount of unique posters in the thread.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 4:28 PM
  • Well, in my case I voted for the same person in that thread.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 4:32 PM