recovering or restoring WHS RRS feed

• Question

• I have (2) 2 gig hitashi drive on ny server. i was used to setup WHS and the the other was added after. in i believe as a pool. I tried to change my motherboard, that didnt work out too well cause the server won't work. I reinstalled the old motherboard and now the server wont work. it boots up but I cant access the console.  I keep getting an error that some files of driver didnt load, see event viewer. On the client computer it says tries to connect but get an error that  "problem with homeserverconsiletab.duplicationinfo.dll" also say after a while that the drive is failing, to fix it.

When WHS starts, and I check My computer, it hangs for a while then shows the c: drive @ 20gigs and about 11gig free, but the d: drive it shows nothing. if i click on it the computer just hangs.

have ready many post here but a want to know for sure. if I reinstall WHS, will it restore my SErver and preserve my files?

Saturday, July 17, 2010 6:02 AM

All replies

• I have (2) 2 gig hitashi drive on ny server. i was used to setup WHS and the the other was added after. in i believe as a pool. I tried to change my motherboard, that didnt work out too well cause the server won't work. I reinstalled the old motherboard and now the server wont work. it boots up but I cant access the console.  I keep getting an error that some files of driver didnt load, see event viewer. On the client computer it says tries to connect but get an error that  "problem with homeserverconsiletab.duplicationinfo.dll" also say after a while that the drive is failing, to fix it.

When WHS starts, and I check My computer, it hangs for a while then shows the c: drive @ 20gigs and about 11gig free, but the d: drive it shows nothing. if i click on it the computer just hangs.

have ready many post here but a want to know for sure. if I reinstall WHS, will it restore my SErver and preserve my files? 

The fact that the D partition is missing is not a good sign.  You should remove your primary drive from your server, connect it to another PC, and run chkdsk /r on each partition (assuming you can even get it to acknowledge the D partition to run chkdsk on).
    Saturday, July 17, 2010 3:26 PM