Knowledge based Managment System KBMS for Infer.net (Migrated from community.research.microsoft.com) RRS feed

• Question

• shankarooni posted on 01-14-2010 7:24 AM

I was wondering if there is a KBMS which enables me to built research application that works with Infer.net as the inference engine of my KBMS

Thank you for your time.

Friday, June 3, 2011 5:31 PM

Answers

• John Guiver replied on 01-19-2010 10:16 AM

Thanks. I guessed that was the case. The forum is a bit flaky sometimes, and holds posts up for moderation with no notification. I check the moderation area a couple of times a week. In general, if a post does not appear, just drop an e-mail to infersup@microsoft.com to let us know.

John

Friday, June 3, 2011 5:32 PM

All replies

• John Guiver replied on 01-15-2010 10:23 AM

Infer.NET is very different from a traditional rule-based expert system, and is not driven by a data base of handwritten rules. It is a statistical machine learning system in which you specify probabilistic models. Inference in these models refers to learning distributions over the parameters from  training data. I hope this answers your question - apologies if I have misinterpreted it.

John

• shankarooni replied on 01-15-2010 10:49 AM

Thank you John for you time and help. You've answered my question.

I would like to ask one more related question if you do not mind:

I am doing research in AI. This is my first course, so i apologize if I am asking questions that might be nonsense. I what I want to know is weather infer.net would be useful in my course project or not. and how much it can help?

Lets say I have huge number of data in form of bibliography  text.  I need to first to do  information extraction (IE), populate them in database or whatever then  classify these entries to say Group A  people and group B people. This classification is done manually at the moment, can infer.net become able to classify these records by learning from a given data set?

My input is historical textual data and not in English language!

Its up to me to do the project, but i need to know how useful the infer.net can be useful in this problem?

Thank you again for your time reading my posts.

• shankarooni replied on 01-15-2010 10:56 AM

Hi John,

Thank you  very much for your time and help

You clarified the issue very well

• shankarooni replied on 01-19-2010 9:14 AM

Please ignore the message before the last as i sent it before along days and it was not shown before now!

i already posted a new topic and it was answered before....

Something weird is going on with the forum...

• John Guiver replied on 01-19-2010 10:16 AM

Thanks. I guessed that was the case. The forum is a bit flaky sometimes, and holds posts up for moderation with no notification. I check the moderation area a couple of times a week. In general, if a post does not appear, just drop an e-mail to infersup@microsoft.com to let us know.

John