Money 2002 RRS feed

• Question

• I have used money 2002 for the last 10 years

It is very good and suits me fine

Since 1/2/2012 MS in its wisdom I beleive has ceased to supprt this prog

Apart from not being able up up date my portfolio , which I have now found a work around, can I look forward to any other problems lurking in the future

Or has Microsoft now done its worst?

Friday, February 3, 2012 3:48 PM

All replies

• You don't need MSFT support.

I used Money2002 for about 9 years and it will work forever as long as you keep hardware running some compatible operating system like WinXP or Win7.  Don't know if M2002 will still run on MSFT's next version, Win8 or whatever it is.  I switched to Money Plus about a year ago only because it has the ability to "Nuke the Bills"  that is, delete all Bills and Deposits data so that you can re-enter your Bills/Deposits when they get impossibly messed up which happens after many years.   When using M2002 I had to start a new Money file and export all my transactions from the old Money file and import them back into the new Money file to get rid of a messed up Bills situation.  That was a massive pain taking at least a day of hard work since I have a ton of accounts.  Money Plus is very similar to Money 2002 and I am happy with it.  Still prefer M2002's look and feel, however.  M2002 is cleaner, simpler and faster than M+ and has a few better hot keys.  But M+ is fine and I would not switch back due to the Bills corruption issue which is not fixed in M+ but at least you can delete that corrupt data and start over.

Regards

Bill Wood

Fountain Hills, AZ

Sunday, February 19, 2012 7:14 PM
  • Good to see you again on this forum. Yes, we do love Microsoft Money and the Sunset program works just fine for me with over 16 and a half years of all my financial data still working. Steve
    Sunday, February 19, 2012 11:14 PM