Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'XPKLocalizedLabel'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'MetadataSchema.LocalizedLabel'. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I am getting the following error while importing the CRM 2013 managed solution, Does anyone have any idea regarding this, What could be the possible cause for this ?

"Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'XPKLocalizedLabel'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'MetadataSchema.LocalizedLabel'. The duplicate key value is (184191c0-1d6f-e411-9400-e41f13be2efc, 25a01723-9f63-4449-a3e0-046cc23a2902, 0, Jan 1 1900 12:00AM). The statement has been terminated."

and this guids in the error message is different from organization to organization. Where it is having fix with the solution or organization ?

please help me to solve this.

Thanks in advance, Veeresh

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 6:36 AM

All replies

• Hi All,

I have exported one unmanaged solution from my development CRM system and imported in to production, while importing i am getting the following error. 

"Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'XPKLocalizedLabel'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'MetadataSchema.LocalizedLabel'. The duplicate key value is (184191c0-1d6f-e411-9400-e41f13be2efc, 25a01723-9f63-4449-a3e0-046cc23a2902, 0, Jan 1 1900 12:00AM).

The statement has been terminated."

The key point i have noticed here is, recently i have updated my CRM system with server pack 1 and development organization is created after the server pack is installed and production organization is created before the server pack is installed. and i have tried this in some other organization which is created before the server pack 1 installed it is failed there also and some organization which is created after the server pack 1 is installed it is imported successfully.

so i can see here it is not able to import solution into organization which is created before server pack 1 is installed from which is created after the server pack 1 is installed.

please help me to solve this error.

Thanks,

Veeresh

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 4:05 AM
  • Have you successfully imported Unamanaged solutions in same org from your development system to production ?

Are you working on On-premise\online deployment?

Just for curiosity any specific reason of using unmanaged solutions to move customization from development system to production? Usually managed solutions are preferred  for this scenario. For more information on Solutions:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg334576.aspx#BKMK_UnmanagedandManagedSolutions

Friday, January 2, 2015 11:29 AM
  • Hi Niraj,

Thanks for your response.

Actually i am developing some add-on kind of so here client machine can be any CRM 2013 On-premise system, not a particular CRM system. so it is not possible import and check unmanaged solution.

I am working CRM 2013 On-premise.

And here it is not failing in all the organizations, it has failed in only some organizations and when it fail in organization the log file shows the error message with different guids for each organization.

Friday, January 2, 2015 11:46 AM