none
Using Windows HPC Server for Academic Contest RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am writing on behalf of an undergraduate chapter of the ACM. A couple of our members would be interested in using Windows HPC Server to compete in the SC08 Cluster Challenge (http://sc08.supercomputing.org/?pg=SC08ClusterChallengeRules.html). Is there anyone on this board who could help us with this?

Tx.
    Tuesday, May 20, 2008 7:00 PM

Answers

• As one of the organizers of this event - I'd like to invite and encourage team entries from anywhere (well, on this planet at least).  Last year in Reno, we had 4 US teams, one from Canada and one from Taiwan.  Team Canada won backed by SGI.  Most of the teams used Linux, however one team used MacOSX.

The deadline for entry for SC08 is the end of July - so you have time to get your act together.  But start now, because you need 6 undergraduates, a supervisor and a corporate partner (who will supply the system for you).  The above url is where you can learn more and/or send email to cluster-challenge@info.supercomputing.org if you have questions.   Last year we had vendors looking for teams - so there is the potential for match-making.

Brent

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 9:35 PM

All replies

•  

Hi Mcinally,

On behalf of Microsoft, I'd like to find out more about how we can support this effort and what is exactly needed.  Could you please drop me a line at smortaz at microsoft dot com so we can discuss this further?

Thanks,

Shahrokh

HPC Tools

Friday, May 23, 2008 11:26 PM
  • As one of the organizers of this event - I'd like to invite and encourage team entries from anywhere (well, on this planet at least).  Last year in Reno, we had 4 US teams, one from Canada and one from Taiwan.  Team Canada won backed by SGI.  Most of the teams used Linux, however one team used MacOSX.

The deadline for entry for SC08 is the end of July - so you have time to get your act together.  But start now, because you need 6 undergraduates, a supervisor and a corporate partner (who will supply the system for you).  The above url is where you can learn more and/or send email to cluster-challenge@info.supercomputing.org if you have questions.   Last year we had vendors looking for teams - so there is the potential for match-making.

Brent

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 9:35 PM