My Profile Activity is not updated for few days RRS feed

All replies

• I just reported this, I'll post back if I get a reply.

update: they're looking into problem now

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 1:26 PM
  • I am facing that too. I see some delay in updating activities & points in My profile > Activities

If the response helped, do "Mark as answer" and upvote it
    - Vaibhav

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 2:00 PM
  • I noticed it as well. In the past they sometimes correct the problem, but sometimes the activity is lost.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 11:22 PM
  • I advised Forum Escalation by email of this problem on Friday, 5/15

While some activity and points have now been reflected in my profile, the corrections implemented so far are incomplete.  My profile still fails to reflect some past activity and points.

Missing profile activity and points seems to be a recurring problem for the forums.

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 11:57 PM
  • As far as I know they're still working the most recent problem that looks to have started around 30 hours ago.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, May 21, 2020 12:16 AM
  • Really?

Yet another recurrence in less than a week?

Surely someone is asleep at the switch.

Thursday, May 21, 2020 9:54 AM
  • Hi Patrick,

Could you please nudge the guys again?

There are no updates again for the entire forum:

• https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=sqlintegrationservices
    • https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8a4ad702-e73b-4680-a077-c786306b3503/obtain-the-number-of-columns-in-a-flatfile-connection-manager?forum=sqlintegrationservices

And even this very forum too.

1. The 'Last  Reply' is not updated.
    2. Answered post are not shown as such.

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 1:22 PM
  • This is a separate issue where the search service is broken. It now happens quite routinely. They say they're doing some "deployments" whatever that means but I do send them emails every time it is broken again such as right now.

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 1:55 PM
  • Hi Patrick,

So many hours passed, the same problem is yet to be resolved for the SQL Server Integration Services forum:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=sqlintegrationservices

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 8:25 PM
  • Yes, it was fixed but now broken again.

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 8:28 PM
  • Its not just the search service that is broken again.  The forums are up to their old tricks once more -- missing points, posts and profile activity.

If I wasn't so disgusted and hadn't lost hope that there is an actual solution for these recurring failures I would send Forum Escalation an email with some details.

But the way things are these days, why bother?

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 9:37 PM
  • I'm not seeing gaps in mine but who really knows for sure. Search service has broken now for the third time today though, reported each time. Not sure why they're making changes now given that the MSDN/TechNet forums will be closed by years end.

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 9:41 PM
  • Wednesday, June 10, 2020 4:10 PM
  • That doesn't surprise me with all of the problems lately. I'd send an email to fissues about this if its of concern to you.

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 4:13 PM