utility runs in dev but not production RRS feed

• Question

• I wrote up a little ditty to convert leads to accounts and contacts.  I run it from my desk and exercised it thoroughly against the dev system.  Then I changed the service.Url to production, dropped the dev web reference and added back the reference to production.  Before recompiling I deleted all the files in the Release folder; they were recreated upon compiling.

It doesn't run now.  Before I go looking for server problems, is there any VS2005 issues I failed to attend?  It's all CRM 4.

CrmService service = new CrmService();
          service.Url = "http://<changed from dev servername to prod servername>/mscrmservices/2007/crmservice.asmx";
          service.CrmAuthenticationTokenValue = token;
          service.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;
          service.UnsafeAuthenticatedConnectionSharing = true;

Wednesday, April 6, 2011 3:03 PM

Answers

• Are you changing the Organization name while creating CRM service object? or Both organizations are with same name on both Dev and Production?

Try this once, make the connection work with Network credentials by providing username, domain and password and check once whether it is connecting or not. If connects then change the credentials to Default Credentials.

Thanks and Regards

Ramu

Osmosys

Osmosee's Blog

• Marked as answer by mardukes Thursday, April 7, 2011 3:12 PM
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 2:49 AM

All replies

• Are your current domain\user credentials valid in the prod system as well? 

I see you are using this:

System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;

They would be your domain\user and password.

If it is valid, then is that account a System Administrator?

Jamie Miley
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 3:08 PM
  • same domain, user and I am SA on both instances.
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 5:23 PM
  • so in your production environment do you have different servers for crm and database ?

if yes, do you have same in the development environment ? you might want to check the rights on the database server in that case...

cheers, S.Khan MCTS
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 2:35 AM
  • Are you changing the Organization name while creating CRM service object? or Both organizations are with same name on both Dev and Production?

Try this once, make the connection work with Network credentials by providing username, domain and password and check once whether it is connecting or not. If connects then change the credentials to Default Credentials.

Thanks and Regards

Ramu

Osmosys

Osmosee's Blog

• Marked as answer by mardukes Thursday, April 7, 2011 3:12 PM
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 2:49 AM
  • I don't know what changed but I just closed VS and reopened before recompiling and it went away.  I guess something is cached.
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 3:11 PM