none
installing Win 7 in a different patition RRS feed

• Question

•     I have a computer that I put together about 5 years ago and over the years I have installed quite a few programs that I use often. I originally used Win XP, upgraded to win 7 Home and recently upgraded to win pro (with windows anytime upgrade ). What I would like to do is install Windowss on a new Patition and install a new installation for all the programs that I now have

installed on the old patition I want to do it this way because I would like to keep the old patition in tact so that I can move back and forth between the two until I have everything moved and I will probubly Keep them both and use one to teach my daughter to do the things that I do with my system. Is it possible to install xp then upgrade to Win 7 home and next use the antime upgrade to Win  7 Pro. in a new patition. I have about 3 TB of free disk space

Thursday, March 10, 2011 3:19 AM

Answers

• 1) You are posting in Wrong Forum

2) No, you cannot upgrade an OS install to a new partition. But why don't you do a fresh install of XP -> win7 home -> win 7 pro in the new partition too??

and my God! ..... what you do with a system which is having more that 3 TB of free disk space!!!

- Arvind
    Friday, March 11, 2011 7:34 AM