Microsoft Windows Live OneCare RRS feed

• Question

•  

Does anybody know when will Microsoft Windows Live OneCare be available to Greece? If yes, please inform me, in order to download and install it, because at this time I use Panda Internet Security 2008 for the Complete Security of my PC.
    Tuesday, February 26, 2008 5:23 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately, there have been no announcements regarding availability of OneCare in any additional countries since January of 2007. I have no knowledge of plans, either.

-steve

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 5:42 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately, there have been no announcements regarding availability of OneCare in any additional countries since January of 2007. I have no knowledge of plans, either.

-steve

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 5:42 PM
  • Just to make sure, does this means that it is not available in Greece, as in, people who have their PC's in Greece cant download it and use it, or that simply it is not available in the greek language i.e. menus etc?

It seems to me strange , since this is a downloadable product and Greece been in the E.C. that someone could not download it, pay for it and use it from here.

Monday, September 8, 2008 6:59 PM
  • Both, actually. It isn't sold in Greece and it doesn't support the Greek language. If you download and install the trial to a computer running a support operating system language, then you won't be able to purchase as the purchase/activation process will not accept payment on a Greek based credit card.

-steve

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 3:51 PM
  •  

ok so lets try a hypothetical situation :

I install the english language version of the operating system, and I charge a credit card which is based in U.K.

That would bypass the above?

However, would the email address, for example xxx@yyy.gr flag me? I suppose giving my hotmail would'nt work?

You see I am not sure if you are naming specific restrictions or giving examples of reasons/ways it wouldnt be possible?

I have to be honest, I am not out to trick Microsoft, if the above situation is acceptable in practice and in principle (of the reason its not available in Greece), I would be willing to try it. However if it is a restriction of the principle that PC's which are - physicaly- in Greece are not supported, I will best wait if and when its available here.

I realise its pretty pointless to try to find loopholes, I am intrigued though, what are the reasons, typicaly, that such a service would be restricted in certain countries? Would it have to do with IT security for example?

ty

Ps: I believe the people who make an OS are in the best position to protect it as well both effectively and efficiently, hence my reason of prefering to go with Microsoft for such a service

Thursday, September 11, 2008 7:01 PM
  • If you have a UK based credit card and the OS language is English-UK and the IE language is English-UK, you can subscribe to OneCare. The credit card form will present you with address fields for the UK, so if the address for your UK based credit card is still Greece, you won't be able to purchase the subscription. However, you can activate with a retail key with the OS and IE language criteria met.

-steve

Friday, September 12, 2008 2:24 PM