? Regarding Crm 2011 installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

1. If user has admin rights to server and domain both then security groups will be automatically created while installing crm 2011. (true or false)

2. Security groups should be created before installation and the user should have admin rights to server and part of domain group.  (true or false)

If i am wrong somewhere please correct me.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 7:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Find below the answers:

1. True, the CRM security groups will be automatically created during the installation on the selected Organization Unit.

2. False, security groups should not be created before installation, CRM installation will cretae during installation setup (a seperate Organizaiton Unit for CRM installation is recommended). True, user should have local system Administrator Priveleges, a part of domain group and only required Select, Create, Delete and Modify Objects permissions in the selected Activie DIrectory Organization Unit.  Domain administrator priveleges are not required but user should be a part of domain group.

Additional Notes

The best practice is to create a new domain user account for the installation of CRM, instead of using the built-in Administrator account. In this case, give him the minimum amount of privileges which are:

1. Ability to create objects within Active Directory OUs that is the target parent OU for installing Microsoft CRM. (i.e. Group policy creator owner. See image below.)
    2. Local Administrator on the computer where Microsoft Dynamics CRM is being installed.
    3. SQL Server Administrator Privilege.
    4. IIS Server Local Administrator Privilege.

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    • Proposed as answer by Jehanzeb.Javeed Wednesday, August 3, 2011 7:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by P_Mundra Monday, August 8, 2011 8:43 AM
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 7:39 PM

All replies

• 1. true

2. false, CRM creates groups but the user needs full admin rights to install the groups and such and install the software.

Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 7:37 PM
  • Hi,

Find below the answers:

1. True, the CRM security groups will be automatically created during the installation on the selected Organization Unit.

2. False, security groups should not be created before installation, CRM installation will cretae during installation setup (a seperate Organizaiton Unit for CRM installation is recommended). True, user should have local system Administrator Priveleges, a part of domain group and only required Select, Create, Delete and Modify Objects permissions in the selected Activie DIrectory Organization Unit.  Domain administrator priveleges are not required but user should be a part of domain group.

Additional Notes

The best practice is to create a new domain user account for the installation of CRM, instead of using the built-in Administrator account. In this case, give him the minimum amount of privileges which are:

1. Ability to create objects within Active Directory OUs that is the target parent OU for installing Microsoft CRM. (i.e. Group policy creator owner. See image below.)
    2. Local Administrator on the computer where Microsoft Dynamics CRM is being installed.
    3. SQL Server Administrator Privilege.
    4. IIS Server Local Administrator Privilege.

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    • Proposed as answer by Jehanzeb.Javeed Wednesday, August 3, 2011 7:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by P_Mundra Monday, August 8, 2011 8:43 AM
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 7:39 PM