none
semi unvalidation?? Windows 7 Home Premium RRS feed

• Question

• seems the kids have done strange things to my main machine here......

I just noticed a small windows 7 not genuine build 7601 notice in the lower right hand corner of the moniter.  I have the original disk and the product keys etc.  It a geniune copy.. but some files have obviously been altered.  I ran the MGA diagnostic tool... but when I try to copy... I get the weird error code..   "failed to create output files hr=0x80070002.  please contact support....    wonderful.

anyway, no black screen of death or watermarks."yet"   no idea what program they tried to run that caused this...  when I go to the control center and try to click on "activate windows now"   I get the little hand, but nothing happens when I hit enter...   werid stuff.    

the licensing info from the last page on the MGA diag screen says:

c:\windows\system32\ slmgr.vbs (22, 1) Microsoft VBS runtime script error: ActiveX component cant create object 'Scripting Dictionary' 

Looks like slmgr ain't working.....   swell.      

ok..  any ideas would be nice......  If I have to do a complete reinstall there's gonna be some sorry people in this house.  Myself included. 

thanks..

kh

Thursday, April 17, 2014 6:46 PM

Answers

• Even though you got the error message, the MGA Diagnostic did copy.  Go ahead and try again and paste your results here.

Please do not read this sentence. Please ignore the previous sentence.

Thursday, April 17, 2014 8:10 PM