Neither AVG nor Avast will work with Outlook 2007 RRS feed

• Question

•  

I get practically the same stupid message every time I start up Outlook 2007:

"The Ad-in [here it gives AVG or Avast and then a matching .dll] cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the Add-in manufacturer for an update. If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in."

I got the message with AVG, which I had used for years with no problems. So I uninstalled AVG, and installed Avast, but get the same message (obviously the part in the brackets above depends on which program was installed). Even if I tell the softwhere NOT to protect the mail, Outlook complains. When I look into Tools/Trust Center/Add-Ins, the add-ins are not installed.

Is there any way to get Outlook 2007 to cooperate with one of these programs? Maybe I should just uninstall Office 2007, reinstall Outook 2003 (I do have Office 2003 installed, because I need both editions, but only one version of Outlook is allowed at a time), and just install Access 2007 and Excel 2007, which are all I really need from Office 2007. Outlook 2003 was fine.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Microsoft seems to get more instrusive and less cooperative with each release of Office, particularly Outlook.

Thanks.

Tom Ewald

Detroit Area

Monday, December 15, 2008 1:40 AM