none
How to open older file in S&T 2013? RRS feed

• Question

• I have S&T 2013 and need to open a map file created in an older version.  I no longer have the older version of S&T.  Any advice?  Is there anyone with an older version of S&T that I can email the map file to and have them convert it?
    Friday, December 7, 2012 9:09 PM

All replies

• I have the same problem-  I get the "This file was created with an older version of the map. Before you can open this file, your records must be matched to the updated map. Click OK to match the records and open the file."  I click OK and get the message "Failed to open document."  These are 2011 files. What can be done??????
    Friday, December 28, 2012 5:40 PM
  • These are 2011 files.

They are really Streets & Trips 2011 files? Or you last used them in 2011?

I would have thought S&T13 would have no problem opening S&T11 files?

Eric

http://www.mapforums.com

• Proposed as answer by Stifler-7- Friday, April 5, 2013 8:00 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Stifler-7- Friday, April 5, 2013 8:01 PM
    Thursday, January 17, 2013 9:19 PM
  • HOW TO CONVERT Street & Trips from a newer version from the older est files. If you waited too long like me, then you will not be able to open the files from the old Streets & Trips. So what to do? How about the copy and paste method? What I will explain to do is to use Windows to copy the address into memory and you paste it into the new version instead of typing. This is not automatic file conversion of course but it is better than typing each address.

I have 2006 and got 2013 Streets & Trips. This is how I made the switch from the old est files.

Install 2013 but use the option to keep the existing S&T version installed. Then you can run both versions at once. Open a map in the older S&T version. Click on the address in the route planner pane and press Ctrl + C. This copies the address into memory. Paste it (Ctrl + V) in the box where you would type an address for the route in your newer S&T (2013).

(You can do it the hard way if you want by typing each address but at least you have all your old addresses and not rely on your memory.)

Save the 2013 route with the file name you wish to use. I made another folder for the 2013 files so I would not overwrite the 2006 est files.

Just repeat for all files you need to convert. A little time consuming but at least you are not typing each address and still can access the older est files until all have been converted. Then you can uninstall 200x version and their respective est files.

• Proposed as answer by Stifler-7- Friday, April 5, 2013 8:25 PM
    • Edited by Stifler-7- Friday, April 5, 2013 8:43 PM
    Friday, April 5, 2013 8:18 PM