Can't connect to server RRS feed

• Question

• When i'm installed the connector on my windows vista machine and when i shall connect to the server i get the message unknown network error occured. I can connect to the server with rds and i can see and i can browse the server in network. What can be the problem?
    Saturday, May 5, 2007 9:33 AM

Answers

•  raymojo2 wrote:
     VDPloeg wrote:

I had the same issue until I added my WHS to each PC's HOSTS file (C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\HOSTS.).

Did you edit the lmhosts file too? I have edit the hosts file but i still got the same problem.
    When i edit the lmhosts file and restartet windows vista all works find, so now everything is in order
    Monday, May 7, 2007 9:13 AM

All replies

• Could you please restart the server and see. I've seen this happening when a stale connection is left behind.

If it still doesn't work, go to C:\Program Files\Windows Home Server and run Discovery.exe on your Vista machine and see whether it finds your server.
    Saturday, May 5, 2007 4:16 PM
  • i have the same problem my desktop connects just fine but my notebook say An unknown network error has occured

Please verify that your network connection is active and that your Windows Home Server is powered on. then restart this wizard. but I can see the server in my network places and the connector software sees the server and promps me for the server password then i get the above error

Saturday, May 5, 2007 11:14 PM
  • I had the same issue until I added my WHS to each PC's HOSTS file (C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\HOSTS.).

Sunday, May 6, 2007 1:10 AM
  •  VDPloeg wrote:

I had the same issue until I added my WHS to each PC's HOSTS file (C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\HOSTS.).

Did you edit the lmhosts file too? I have edit the hosts file but i still got the same problem.
    Monday, May 7, 2007 8:01 AM
  •  raymojo2 wrote:
     VDPloeg wrote:

When i edit the lmhosts file and restartet windows vista all works find, so now everything is in order
    Monday, May 7, 2007 9:13 AM
  • I have added my home server to the lmhosts file and to the host file and it still dosen't work, any idea ?

Thursday, August 2, 2007 11:54 AM