none
EWS, EWS proxy and Graph RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm looking for more information on these API's. Just a few questions about them and how we are using EWS.

In our Web References folder of our web application it appears that we have a reference to the EWS proxy library. Is that library designed to work with exchange via a proxy server?

If so, I'm looking into possibly getting rid of that API and going with EWS or Graph. Currently our application reaches out to our onsite exchange server via URL. It sets up an exchange service binding then we check for emails, and process them into a database. This is some old code and it hangs every time the email contains an inline image(like a picture in the signature), then we manually remove it and resend it.

I'd like to bring this code up to date and process the emails differently. Is Graph an updated API that can handle this or do I need to stick with EWS? 

Friday, October 26, 2018 6:57 PM

All replies

• Ok, so I just found this link explaining the EWS proxy. I'm getting somewhere.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/webdav_101/2017/12/15/updating-visual-studio-generated-proxy-classes-for-ews-development/

Friday, October 26, 2018 7:51 PM
  • Hi Brian_A_B,

According to your description and related follow up, it seems that you resolve the issue, Please mark it answer, it will beneficial to other communities who have the issue.

Best regards,

Zhanglong

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 29, 2018 7:28 AM
  • Hi Zhanglong, 

I've only partially answered my question. I'm still looking for information on Graph vs. EWS. If my exchange server is entirely site hosted can Graph still be used to get emails, if so is it at a stable release where it should be used over EWS? 

Monday, October 29, 2018 1:55 PM
  • Hi Brian_A_B,

This forum discusses and asks questions about .NET Framework Base Classes, since your issue is more related to exchange server development, I would suggest that you could post your issue on exchange server development forum for suitable support.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/exchange/en-us/home?forum=exchangesvrdevelopment

Best regards,

Zhanglong

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 30, 2018 7:45 AM