PIC with Multiple Domains and one LCS 2005 SP1 Server RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have an environment with about 100 different dns domains that reside in one AD domain and connect back to one LCS Pool.  I understand that I need a SRV recored in each domain's dns.  However, each domain's SRV record points to the same target.  Kind of like below:

Service Records (SRV)

Host (A)

IP Address

_sip._tls.Adataum.com

sip.MainDomain.com

_sip._tls.AlpineSkiHouse.com

sip.MainDomain.com

_sip._tls.Contoso.com

sip.MainDomain.com

_sip._tls.Fabrikam.com

sip.MainDomain.com

_sip._tls.Litwareinc.com

sip.MainDomain.com

_sip._tls.WingTipToys.com

sip.MainDomain.com

Each user logs on with their own domain name, so user@adatum.com, user@alpineskihouse.com, etc....

I guess the first question I have is will the above DNS setup work?  Is there any reason we can't do it this way as opposed to each SRV's target record pointing to an A sip record within it's own domain?

With that said, do I just need one certificate for sip.MainDomain.com and I am done or do I need a cert with SANs for every individual dns domain that needs to use PIC?

Any clarification or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Thursday, December 27, 2007 5:43 PM

All replies

• (Replying to this just for the record...)

The above configuraiton would not be valid.  The associated A record must match the same domain name as the SRV record, so the supported solution would be to create a sip.domainname.com A record for each SIP domain and them make sure that the certificate SAN included all sip domains.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 7:24 PM