Activating 120 Eval on new hardware RRS feed

• Question

• Question:  Can I install my 120 evaluation copy of WHS on new hardware?

A little background...  I bought the 120 eval version when if first came out, and installed it on an old machine.  I was unhappy with the performance at that time.  (the machine barely met the min requirements).  How I have a new PC I'd like to try it on, but I would like to use my same evaluation copy.  Is this possible?

Monday, June 2, 2008 10:59 PM

Answers

•  bob3902 wrote:
    Question:  Can I install my 120 evaluation copy of WHS on new hardware?

A little background...  I bought the 120 eval version when if first came out, and installed it on an old machine.  I was unhappy with the performance at that time.  (the machine barely met the min requirements).  How I have a new PC I'd like to try it on, but I would like to use my same evaluation copy.  Is this possible?

If you never activated it, yes.

If you activated it before, you can install it again for 30 days without activating it.  You also might be able to activate it again by calling MS (not sure about that though).

Tuesday, June 3, 2008 12:24 AM

All replies

•  bob3902 wrote:
    Question:  Can I install my 120 evaluation copy of WHS on new hardware?

If you never activated it, yes.

If you activated it before, you can install it again for 30 days without activating it.  You also might be able to activate it again by calling MS (not sure about that though).

Tuesday, June 3, 2008 12:24 AM
  • Thank you!  30 days should be enough to make sure it works on my new hardware.
    Tuesday, June 3, 2008 12:51 AM