Postal Code field size RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have an application that imports data to CRM to a customized Lead entity. I'm getting an error filling the "address1_postalcode" field when the value I try to insert is bigger than 20.

I went to the customization panel and edited this field in the Lead entity and also the "postalcode" field in the CustomerAddress entity. Still, I get the same error.

Can anyone help me out?

cheers
    • Edited by prlPT Wednesday, June 24, 2009 12:53 PM
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 11:28 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If you published the entity and still get the same error, the reason is quite simple - you have edited the size of the postal code on the lead entity only. Additionally, you should edit the postalcode field size on the CustomerAddress entity. Only then the postal code field will be really expanded in the database. This may be a bug or a feature, but it works that way :).

I hope that helps,
    Kuba Skalbania
    -- Kuba Skałbania, Netwise
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 9:30 AM

All replies

• Hi.

Have you published Lead entity after changing of field length?
    Truth is opened the prepared mind My blog - http://a33ik.blogspot.com
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 11:31 AM
  • Hi prlPT,

Did you publish your customization?
    Regards,
    Chinmay
    http://metrix.blogspot.com
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 11:33 AM
  • Yes, I published everything after I did the customizations.
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 12:39 PM
  • You would need to enlarge it but not just on the lead, but the other entities that can be created from the lead.
    May be the error is coming from another process. If you still can't spot the problem consider turining on CRM Tracing to capture the error stack.

regards

Steve
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 8:59 AM
  • Hi,

If you published the entity and still get the same error, the reason is quite simple - you have edited the size of the postal code on the lead entity only. Additionally, you should edit the postalcode field size on the CustomerAddress entity. Only then the postal code field will be really expanded in the database. This may be a bug or a feature, but it works that way :).

I hope that helps,
    Kuba Skalbania
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 9:30 AM
  • Hi,

I hope that helps,
    Kuba Skalbania
    Like I said in my first post, I also edited the field "postalcode" in the CustomerAddress entity, but it still didn't work :\
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 2:06 PM