Google Talk and OCS 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Does OCS 2007 and google talk can send IM (or communicate)with each other? If yes what federated server should I put on the Access Edge server IM Provider properties? (example for MSN federation.messenger.msn.com)

Thanks

Monday, May 5, 2008 6:26 PM

Answers

• At this time only MSN, Yahoo and AOL are supported

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 11:01 PM
  • Moderators: Can we have this thread added to the FAQ?  We see this question quite often in various forums.
    Tuesday, May 20, 2008 11:29 PM

All replies

• At this time only MSN, Yahoo and AOL are supported

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 11:01 PM
  • Moderators: Can we have this thread added to the FAQ?  We see this question quite often in various forums.
    Tuesday, May 20, 2008 11:29 PM
  • Can anyone provide guidance on whether or not an effort to establish a PIM connector for Google Talk might be in the works [or not]?  Absent direct information on the topic, can anyone point me at the appropriate department or person to contact for futher information?

We find that user requests for this functionality are rapidly increasing over time as the GT IM platform becomes more popular.  Searching the Internet at large for information on the subject comes up with nothing concrete.  I believe that not developing / establishing a connector between the two systems would detract from the value of both platforms.
    Friday, September 18, 2009 3:54 PM
  • Microsoft is working on an XMPP Gateway addition to OCS R2, the general release date of which is next Monday, 9/28.

You can find the publicly released details here on the Lifecycle Support page: http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?LN=en-us&p1=14471&x=18&y=7

Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Monday, September 21, 2009 12:58 PM
  • This is now officially released: http://communicationsserverteam.com/archive/2009/10/01/588.aspx
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 4:59 PM