stupidly I know update three clients to windows 8

in the dashboard I have tried to remove old pc's without any luck

obviously I cannot remove connector off them as they have been reformatted

anyway to forceaby remove an old pc

thanks

Saturday, December 15, 2012 1:20 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Regarding the current issue, I suggest we could try to refer to the similar thread below to see if it could help.

Unable to remove a client computer from Windows home server

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/whssoftware/thread/edda7ab1-c671-4c9b-8542-223d7104254f

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

Andy Qi
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Andy Qi Friday, December 28, 2012 6:51 AM
    Tuesday, December 18, 2012 9:24 AM
  • You could try a repair of he client backup database under "Additional client computer backup tasks".

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Marked as answer by AMCross Sunday, December 23, 2012 4:09 AM
    Saturday, December 22, 2012 11:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Regarding the current issue, I suggest we could try to refer to the similar thread below to see if it could help.

Unable to remove a client computer from Windows home server

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/whssoftware/thread/edda7ab1-c671-4c9b-8542-223d7104254f

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

Andy Qi
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Andy Qi Friday, December 28, 2012 6:51 AM
    Tuesday, December 18, 2012 9:24 AM
  • thanks for the suggestion BUT however hard I try I cannot remove the old pc's listed in the dashboard

evenif I  rdp into the whs2001 server and then trying to remove the three pc's will not remove them

they are switched off and obviously when I ran the win 8 update I did a clean install

any suggestions

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 8:15 PM
  • What error message do you get when you try to remove them using the Dashboard? There is no reason to remove the Connector software first, as you can normally remove them from the Server first and then remove the Connector on the Client.

A workaround could be to restore a client from a Server backup and then remove it using the Dashboard, although I am not sure that would work any better than what you are seeing at the moment!

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 8:45 PM
  • Thursday, December 20, 2012 9:47 PM
  • Hmm, not seen that before. Did you get there  from "Customize backups for the computer" or "Remove the computer"?

Thursday, December 20, 2012 10:28 PM
  • remove the computer

tried to disable backups and delete backups already saved and get a error as in new picture

Saturday, December 22, 2012 10:00 PM
  • but there are no backup alerts on the dashboard
    Saturday, December 22, 2012 10:00 PM
  • You could try a repair of he client backup database under "Additional client computer backup tasks".

• Marked as answer by AMCross Sunday, December 23, 2012 4:09 AM
    Saturday, December 22, 2012 11:46 PM
  • just like to say thank you for your help phil

merry xmas to all the forum members for rainy scotland

Sunday, December 23, 2012 4:10 AM
  • Excellent. Merry Christmas to you also - I hear the weather is bad over there but then again as an Englishman, I always expect it to be raining in Scotland, although my family tells me it is just as bad in the south! Enjoy your haggis and neeps next week.

Sunday, December 23, 2012 4:24 AM