none
Multiple drop-down selection RRS feed

• Question

• I am creating a workbook to track PTO, billable hours, non-billable hours, billable tasks, and non-billable tasks. I would like to create a drop down for billable and non-billable tasks where I am able to select more than one item. I've read that I can code it to be separated by a comma or list below in the same cell. I am a noob. I selected the tab and then clicked view code. There is no code. Is there a generic code I can start with and make edits? 
    Thursday, July 5, 2018 6:08 PM

All replies

• Hi there,

You've posted to the VB.Net language forum, however, it sounds like you may be using Excel and asking about a VBA macro.  Is that correct?

If you are working in Excel, I can move this to the Excel Developer or VBA forum if you want to continue to tackle the issue in VBA.

Or, for this need, you can simply use a VLOOKUP.  This is actually the route I would suggest.  Just add another worksheet, put the list of options into any column, and then create the VLOOKUP between the cell on the first sheet and the column on the second.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Thursday, July 5, 2018 6:36 PM
  • If in Excel then see this example.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Thursday, July 5, 2018 7:28 PM