Login Integration or Single Sign On RRS feed

• Question

• I have a WHS, three Windows XP machines, and use Live Onecare. It would be great if all of them could be set up to use the same set of ids and authentication. That way, there would be one set of ids and passwords to manage. Microsoft would have to make it open to options other than Live ids, but it would still be great.

Right now, my son changed his windows logon password but not his Live Id password or WHS id password. So, he keeps having to log in. I do not know his new password so I cannot fix it for him. If they were all integrated, this could not happen.

Saturday, March 29, 2008 10:00 PM

Answers

• Windows Home Server will prompt a user if the passwords for an account on the server and a client PC don't match. Live isn't integrated with WHS, however the Live team would probably have to integrate their offerings with Windows Home Server rather than the other way around. The authentication mechanisms in Windows are robust and have been around for a very long time; most people are comfortable with using them.

You should post your product suggestions on Connect; that's where Microsoft has asked that suggestions, bug reports, etc. be submitted.
    Saturday, March 29, 2008 10:32 PM