none
Ability to navigate to Next Thread or Previous Thread RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello:
    When I pick a thread to view, and get to the bottom of the thread, it would be helpful to have links at the bottom that will let me quickly navigate to the next thread or the previous thread. Having to go all the way back to the top of the thread, go back to the forum and then pick the next thread from there takes too much time.
    Thursday, February 21, 2008 6:57 PM

All replies

• One of the problems with being in a thread is we don't know exactly what thread list you came from, you might have been in "My Threads", "Search Result", "My Alerts", a forum, a tagged results list or you came in directly via a link to the thread. You then may have applied filtering so what "Next" thread do we go to next?

Have you tried the preview link in the threads view so you can see the thread without leaving the page? You still have to go however if you want to answer however.

We've seen some requests to add reply links to the preview area, which might help as well.

thoughts?
    Sam Jarawan STO Forums Senior Development Lead
    Friday, February 22, 2008 3:22 AM
  • Sam Jarawan said:

One of the problems with being in a thread is we don't know exactly what thread list you came from, you might have been in "My Threads", "Search Result", "My Alerts", a forum, a tagged results list or you came in directly via a link to the thread. You then may have applied filtering so what "Next" thread do we go to next?

Have you tried the preview link in the threads view so you can see the thread without leaving the page? You still have to go however if you want to answer however.

We've seen some requests to add reply links to the preview area, which might help as well.

thoughts?

Sam Jarawan STO Forums Senior Development Lead

I haven't tried any of the features you mention, but I would think if you provide a list of threads as the result of a Search, My Alerts, etc. that you could add links at the bottom that say: Next thread in My Alerts, Previous threads in My Alerts.

I tried the Preview Link, but you still have to click the thread link to reply.

BTW, why doesn't the forum remember the font size I chose?

Also, I could have swornt hat I checked the box to subscribe to Alerts for this thread, but I never received an email to let me know that you replied. Is that the way it's supposed to work?

Kathleen
    Microsoft MVP FrontPage
    Friday, February 22, 2008 9:55 PM