New Install will not connect to Internet RRS feed

• Question

• After being very happy about WHS after running the evaluation on VirtualBox, I have now dedicated one computer ($GB Ram, 2x1TB HDD SATA, Intel Dual Core, and ASUS Motherboard (64-bit).

I have installed WHS to find that there are no Drivers for the Ethernet Controller, and without a Network connection the system is next to useless!!

Can someone tell me where I can download the driver (using my workstation PC) and how to install via USB memory stick on the Server.

Thanks in advance.

Ropate
    Friday, March 19, 2010 11:34 AM

Answers

• Didn't you get a driver disk (probably a CD-ROM) with your motherboard? Failing that, have you tried obtaining drivers from Asus, the manufacturer of your motherboard? They would seem the logical source to me. As for installation, the manual you received with your motherboard should tell you how to install drivers.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by Ropate Friday, March 19, 2010 2:05 PM
    Friday, March 19, 2010 11:45 AM

All replies

• Didn't you get a driver disk (probably a CD-ROM) with your motherboard? Failing that, have you tried obtaining drivers from Asus, the manufacturer of your motherboard? They would seem the logical source to me. As for installation, the manual you received with your motherboard should tell you how to install drivers.
    • Marked as answer by Ropate Friday, March 19, 2010 2:05 PM
    Friday, March 19, 2010 11:45 AM
  • Thanks Ken,

I had completely forgotten the CD as I had never had to use it with my several W7 64 installs.

Thankfully I am now up and almost running.

Again merci mille fois,

Bob

Ropate
    Friday, March 19, 2010 2:06 PM
    Thankfully I am now up and almost running.

Almost? Other issues?
    Friday, March 19, 2010 2:27 PM