I need help with Windows Live One Care Installation for myWindows XP Home Edition RRS feed

• Question

• I've tried to install Windows LIve One Care several times, and I get Error Message 00037FFE87DF602C
    Can you respond with intructions on how to install the 90 day trial for it.
    (I've deleted any other Security Programs (Anti-Virus and Firewall that I can find) and tried a few of the other steps on your support for Installation Problems for WIndows Live Care One.
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 12:58 AM

Answers

• I'm not familiar with that specific error message. I suggest going to the vendor website of your previous antivirus application and look for an uninstall tool. If you can't find an uninstall tool for your previously installed antivirus application or if running the uninstall tool does not resolve the installation issue you can try a clean boot. To celan boot open the Start Menu, select "Run" and type "msconfig" without the quotes in the Run box. When the System Configuration Utility opens select "Diagnostic Startup" on the General tab, select Apply and OK. Restart your computer. When your computer restarts you will see a System Configuration Utility notice. Close it. Try to install One Care. If One Care installs ( or if it doesn't ) launch the System Configuration Utility again and select "Normal Startup". Restart your computer. If One Care did not install I suggest contacting support. How to reach support - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 1:58 AM

All replies

• I'm not familiar with that specific error message. I suggest going to the vendor website of your previous antivirus application and look for an uninstall tool. If you can't find an uninstall tool for your previously installed antivirus application or if running the uninstall tool does not resolve the installation issue you can try a clean boot. To celan boot open the Start Menu, select "Run" and type "msconfig" without the quotes in the Run box. When the System Configuration Utility opens select "Diagnostic Startup" on the General tab, select Apply and OK. Restart your computer. When your computer restarts you will see a System Configuration Utility notice. Close it. Try to install One Care. If One Care installs ( or if it doesn't ) launch the System Configuration Utility again and select "Normal Startup". Restart your computer. If One Care did not install I suggest contacting support. How to reach support - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 1:58 AM
  • I'll add that I'm also not familiar with that error. However, if it is 0003-____________ that means that you are probably trying to install to an XP system that is not at service pack 2 or later. OneCare requires the SP2 be installed. If that is the error, go to Windows Update and download and install all offered critical and important updates for your system. You may need to do this repeatedly. Once no more updates are offered, install OneCare.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 12:28 PM