locked
New OverriddenCreatedOn field on n-n relationship - Import from CRM4 to 2011 To CRM2013 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello Experts,

     We are in the process of Migrating from CRM4 to CRM2013. During production dry run, the import Wizard got stuck at a place. we had to kill the process from SQL server for the import to progress. looking at the log file, the last info message was

    14:25:08|   Info| Applying latest dbUpdates to organization.  Id=97a864c8-65fd-df11-acd5-00155d1d0302, UniqueName=RabobankInternational.
    14:25:13|Verbose| Found 2 OverriddenCreatedOn attributes on intersect entities
    14:25:13|Verbose| Deleting OverriddenCreatedOn attribute with Id=e4b02744-c132-4a7a-8a39-abdaee69025c
    14:25:13|Verbose| Deleting OverriddenCreatedOn attribute with Id=be93fcdd-ace8-4e92-9cb0-86e9b83ba37e

    So I went an looked at the relationship in question and found that it was a N-N relationship between Contact And Product (two new relations).

    This new field "OverriddenCreatedOn" is not there on CRM4. it is not there on the database before the organization import. This field is also not there on the organization created as result of last import.

    CRM 4 is on Rollup 21, CRM 2011 is on Rollup 16.

    Is this a bug? We tried to import two different sets of backsups from production and was able to replicate the issue.

    I thought I will post it here before raising a call with MS.

    Regards,

    Jithesh


    Wednesday, September 3, 2014 4:43 AM

Answers

  • You may not have to. It appears this issue is addressed in Update Roll up 3 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2930480/en-us)

    One of the issues resolved is the following:

    "OverriddenCreatedOn* attribute is missing from V3 Custom Entities"

    Monday, September 22, 2014 8:55 AM

All replies

  • Update.....

     Looks like this may be a CRM 2013 SP1 Issue. This is the first time we are migrating from CRM 4 to CRM 2013 since we updated our CRM 2013 to SP1.

    For people who have Custom N-N relationship, delete the relationship in CRM2011 to fix the import issue.

    Regards,

    Jithesh

    Wednesday, September 3, 2014 8:11 AM
  • Further updates..

    After we deleted the custom N-N relationship and imported the data into CRM2013, Import completed. Now I see new Entities without images, some without display name (multientitysearchentities, sqlencryptionaudit). We are planning to install CRM2013 on a new machine (without SP1) to identify if the issue is caused by SP1.

    If anyone been seeing same issue, please let me know.

    Regards,

    Jithesh

    Thursday, September 4, 2014 3:43 AM
  • Yes, I am experiencing the exact same symptom on SP1. 

    I have had success in importing/upgrading the organization into CRM 2013 (via CRM 4 and CRM 2011), using the following steps:

    1.  Restore the upgraded CRM 2011 version of the database onto the CRM 2013 SQL server
    2.  From CRM 2013 server, open deployment manager.
    3.  Import the organization 
    4.  After 6 hours, the upgrade is far enough along. So I force it closed via task manager.
    c.  The result is the upgraded organization ii left in a pending state. Note the version is RTM and not SP1.
    d.  Delete the organization.
    e.  Re-Import the organization. This time the organization will be updated and not upgraded. This step takes about 30 minutes.

    Are you suggesting deleting ALL custom N2N relationships. I don't like the idea of removing custom N::N as this will destroy the data.

    Do you think perhaps, I should downgrade CRM to UR1 or UR2.

    Cheers!


    Saturday, September 20, 2014 7:20 PM
  • hi,

    unfortunately, there is no uninstall option for Sp1.

    so we have added 1 additional step to import the crm 2011 organization into a new server with just rollup 2. And then to the server with sp

    Sunday, September 21, 2014 2:11 AM
  • I found a way to successfully import the organization into CRM 2013 without it getting stuck.

    From, the intermediate CRM 2011 instance, I executed the following script using SQL Server Management Studio.

    DECLARE @SolutionId UniqueIdentifier
    SELECT @SolutionId = (SELECT SolutionId FROM Solution WHERE Solution.UniqueName = 'Active')

    DELETE attribute FROM MetadataSchema.Attribute attribute
    INNER JOIN MetadataSchema.Entity entity ON attribute.EntityId = entity.EntityId
    WHERE attribute.Name = 'overriddencreatedon' AND attribute.SolutionId = @SolutionId

    After running the script, I backed up the database; restored it on the CRM 2013 DB; then, imported it in less than 1 hour.

    Let me know if this works for you.

    Sunday, September 21, 2014 1:25 PM
  • hello,

    unfortunately, I prefer not to run any custom script on the database.

    please let me know if this step is documented in any KB article.

    running script can potentially cause unstable system and Microsoft technical support can refuse support to such CRM organization if you find your org unstable after a while.

    regards,

    Jithesh

    Sunday, September 21, 2014 10:20 PM
  • You may not have to. It appears this issue is addressed in Update Roll up 3 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2930480/en-us)

    One of the issues resolved is the following:

    "OverriddenCreatedOn* attribute is missing from V3 Custom Entities"

    Monday, September 22, 2014 8:55 AM