how to deal with migration data gap from Online CRM to on-premise? RRS feed

• Question

• I am planning to migrate my online CRM instance to on-premise.

As the MS Data migration document says, I need to call MS to get a copy of my CRM DB. after that copy is created, if some users are still using the online instance to update, how do I deal with the updates? or the online instance will be deactivated until I migrate the db to my new on-premise instance?

Did not see any documents on this typical scenario.

Ideas?

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 2:00 PM

Answers

• I talked to CRM team: basically this will not happen in the cost of some application down time, because after you get a final production copy of your online crm, this online crm service will deactivate. After you migrate the db to your local/on-premise version, your user will start to use the new system and cannot access the online any more.
    • Marked as answer by Guangming Wednesday, June 5, 2013 2:19 PM
    Wednesday, June 5, 2013 2:19 PM

All replies

• hi,

i am not sure but you can try this, configure your online instance with outlook and sync your all data and then go offline. this process will download your database on your local machine.

you can find downloaded database at windows 7: "Drive: \users\<Username>\local\Microsoft\MSCRM\data\".  once you find the database you can restore this database in the sql and create your crm organization using this database.

hope this helps.

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 5:41 AM
  • I talked to CRM team: basically this will not happen in the cost of some application down time, because after you get a final production copy of your online crm, this online crm service will deactivate. After you migrate the db to your local/on-premise version, your user will start to use the new system and cannot access the online any more.
    • Marked as answer by Guangming Wednesday, June 5, 2013 2:19 PM
    Wednesday, June 5, 2013 2:19 PM