One Care Strikes Again! RRS feed

• Question

• For the 4th time this past month Windows Live One Care update has caused my HUB computer at our business and our HUB computer at home to DIE! It seems to be only on the hub computers as i have 6 computers on two different accounts. I get error msg. 8004882D and 0X80070002. Everything that's in the forums i have had, from high CPU, PC unresponsive, won't restart, losing the network to the other computers even though they can see each other. I have had all the settings change back to default settings, reset all my settings again, renew one care circle again, sign in to one care again, and reinstall the printers again. Also lost "Last virus and Spyware scan" settings, Lost "Last tune up" settings and lost "Last backup" settings. To reset One Care i have had to go through all the help files and fix everything according to help. Now that i found you Steve, i am going to try all your fixes. Hopefully they will work, my boss is tired of this?":. It's cost us money and time that even our on call network IT guy had a hard time figuring out. Thanks Sonny 

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 5:16 AM

Answers

• Hi Steve,

The error msg. were on the business hub computer on 5 feb 08.Using your fixes i have all computers back on , green.

The "Network Location Awareness" was changed to automatic from manual per your instructions, but couldn't find Peer Name resolution protocol or Peer Networking Identity Manager in Services. While our home computer was down it picked up a virus that had to be cleaned out. Right now, everything is running OK. I HOPE! Thanks for the help Threads.

Sonny Madden

Friday, February 8, 2008 4:16 AM

All replies

• Sorry to read of the problems you've encountered on your PCs, particularly the hub PCs. When do you receive the errors listed above? Is it the same for both computers?

What is the state of OneCare on those PCs now? Are the other 4 okay?

-steve

Thursday, February 7, 2008 1:15 AM
  • Hi Steve,

The error msg. were on the business hub computer on 5 feb 08.Using your fixes i have all computers back on , green.

The "Network Location Awareness" was changed to automatic from manual per your instructions, but couldn't find Peer Name resolution protocol or Peer Networking Identity Manager in Services. While our home computer was down it picked up a virus that had to be cleaned out. Right now, everything is running OK. I HOPE! Thanks for the help Threads.

Sonny Madden

Friday, February 8, 2008 4:16 AM
  • Thanks for the update, Sonny. The Peer services are only an issue on XP and they would have been installed as part of an optional update for Windows for "enhanced networking" or with a program that relies on these services. However, the latest build of OneCare no longer has a problem with PNRP.

-steve

Friday, February 8, 2008 1:06 PM