Whiist - add photo captions?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, does anyone know of any way of adding a caption to a photo displayed via Whiist? I would like to add a short description for some photos so that viewers  can read what the photo is about.

Thanks

Sunday, February 10, 2008 8:28 AM

Answers

• I've come up with a quick way to add captions to WHIIST. It involves a little re-configuring of the source files. If you're interested, I posted what I did here: http://mediaserve.wordpress.com/2008/03/26/adding-captions-to-whiist/

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 5:59 PM

All replies

• I don't believe that capability is built in, but I think Andrew used an open source photo album. You can probably figure out what exact album he used by reading the WHIIST thread elsewhere in this forum, then you can:
    • Ask Andrew nicely. Smile
    • Ask the original author ditto.
    • Take a stab at adding the functionality yourself.
    Sunday, February 10, 2008 1:29 PM
  • Im using some new simpler website photo software on my servers called ImageIsland by www.giantisland.com. It works with Microsoft servers on Vista and XP. No database to install, and is drag and drop on your home server. Just enable ASP and ASP.NET and read/write permissions and works great for build photo albums. Ive got thousands of image on my box and it allows me to manage all of them using a browser. Easy to use and if you buy their ImageBatcher module, you can drag copies of all you photos into the storage folder and it will create thumbnails for thousands of images, and you can then deliver them over the web or your network. They also have a freeware version you can try called ImageIsle.

Also, they have the same software for Audio and Video (AudioIsland and VideoIsland). Hope that helps!

Sunday, February 17, 2008 4:53 AM
  • I've come up with a quick way to add captions to WHIIST. It involves a little re-configuring of the source files. If you're interested, I posted what I did here: http://mediaserve.wordpress.com/2008/03/26/adding-captions-to-whiist/

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 5:59 PM
  • Thanks Media Serve, thats exactly what I was after. I also checked out your other WHS tip for customising the photo album titles. Another very excellent tip. Big ups!

Tuesday, April 8, 2008 9:59 AM