Why does the Windows 8 RTM version no recognize any of my drivers? RRS feed

• Question

• I had both pre-RTM versions of Windows 8 installed on two computers, both of which Microsoft claimed was supported when they released the first version of Windows 8.  Both versions recognized all my drivers without a problem.  So I install the RTM version and have lots of devices not recognized, and then I get an update and suddenly not even my generic mouse driver works.  I've been using Windows 8 for months problem free, and I'm back in Windows 7, the last place I want to be.  Agh!  I feel like Microsoft pulled a bait and switch on me.  I'm a software developer, and now I can no longer develop for Windows 8.  This really sucks big time.  And to boot, there isn't even a correct MSDN forum to post this in.

Larry Maturo

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 11:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Larry,

The Building Metro style apps with C# or VB forum is for developers discussing writing their own apps.

For questions and discussion about using Windows 8 please post in the Windows 8 forums on http://answers.microsoft.com .

--Rob

Thursday, September 6, 2012 1:51 AM
  • Hi Rob,

Thank you.  I was going crazy trying to find the right place to post.  Since I couldn't develop Metro style apps anymore, thanks to this problem, I thougth I woud try here.

-- Larry

Larry Maturo

Saturday, September 8, 2012 3:27 PM