Mappoint 2010, 2011 and Visual Studio and Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed MapPoint 2011 and gotten this error. I uninstalled it and downloaded and installed 2010 - same error.

I have run regsvr32 on the ocx and i have run mappoint.exe /regserver.

I have added the post build option that someone commented about but nothing works.

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException was unhandled
    ErrorCode=-2146811890
    Message=MapPoint North America can't run because it is not registered on your system, or it can't be found. Install MapPoint North America and try again.
    Source=MapPoint.Control.17
    StackTrace:
    at MapPoint.IMappointCtrl.NewMap(Object Template)
    at AxMapPoint.AxMappointControl.NewMap(Object template)
    at WindowsApplication1.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\AlvordTechProjects\POS System\WindowsApplication1\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb:line 5
    at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible(Boolean value)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun()
    at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()
    at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(String[] commandLine)
    at WindowsApplication1.My.MyApplication.Main(String[] Args) in 17d14f5c-a337-4978-8281-53493378c1071.vb:line 81
    at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String[] args)
    at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
    InnerException:

John Steven Frase
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 4:08 AM

All replies

• I don't know whether anyone that has looked at this had a solution they did not offer or I am the only unfortunate soul that has encountered this but, I'd really like some insight on this.  Anyone?
    Steve
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 9:24 PM
  • You know, i have been waiting nearly three weeks for the MapPoint experts to resolve this.  Not one single answer from the so called experts.

I am not the only person experiencing this and it appears that Microsoft has no answer.  It leaves me no choice but to scrap integrating MapPoint and choosing another mapping product.

Steve
    Friday, October 21, 2011 3:54 PM
  • I don't have much experience with the control (rather than the app), but you might get more responses if you include your code.

Also note the API version number does depend on the app version.

Richard Marsden
    MapPoint Add-ins at Mapping-Tools.com
    • Marked as answer by Steve Frase Sunday, February 12, 2012 7:18 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Steve Frase Sunday, February 12, 2012 7:18 PM
    Monday, October 24, 2011 1:05 PM