none
Microsoft Money Plus Sunset Deluxe RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone in Australia yet successfully converted from Money 2005 Deluxe to Money Plus Sunset Deluxe? My research is indicating that there could be problems for those with programmes outside of the US and if the download is not successful, we could lose all of our previous Money data. Worse still, we will not be able to uninstall and reinstall our previous version of Money, because the Activation facility may have been switched off and of course, that would also mean that should we have a computer crash, everything is lost.

Has anyone an answer to this please?

Thursday, July 18, 2013 11:45 PM

All replies

• Thanks DominikP,

I had seen that thread but wasn't quite sure what to do with it. For instance, if I download and run Money 2005 International, what will happen? Will it convert my existing Money 2005 data to Money 2005 International and will it, like the very reason for Sunset's creation, also allow reinstallation without an Activation Key once Microsoft have completely discontinued support for all other Money programmes?

Saturday, July 20, 2013 4:04 AM
  • Thanks again DominicP,

I clicked on the link that you gave me above but only got this error message:

"Server Error in '/Forums' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /Forums/en-US/479281b2-90f9-42ca-85f7-644fc6e1e5c3/download-microsoft-money-installation-files-solve-activation-and-some-other-errors."

Is that simply a typing error or has the link already been removed, do you know?

Sunday, July 21, 2013 2:03 AM
  • Not sure why you are getting that error.  Try this link pasted form the post:

Money 2005 International English QFE2 
    Self-contained Money 2005 International English installation file from Microsoft, including all updates (For Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and all other English versions other than for US, Canada, UK). 
    Download from  http://download.microsoft.com/download/D/7/4/D7406013-4064-49BB-9AA8-7608655EF70C/Money2005-IntlEngl-QFE2.exe.exe

Bill Becker

Sunday, July 21, 2013 2:39 AM
  • Thanks Bill and DominicP, much appreciated.

I've downloaded and saved. But what should I do with it now please? Keep using my current Money 2005 programme until I have a crash and have to reinstall, or Run the download now? I'm worried about losing over ten years of data.

Sunday, July 21, 2013 9:57 PM
  • If you have backups of your Money file there is no danger of loosing your data.  Be sure that you have copies on different media (a different hard drive, flash drive, DVD, CD, etc) and at least one copy off-site in case of disaster.

As for the downloaded file, I suggest that you run it to install that version of Money and verify that you can open your Money file with it.  If you can, then all is well and you just need to be sure that you have backups of that download in case you need to re-install in the future.

If you cannot open your Money file with the downloaded version, that would indicate that it's the wrong one for your region.  In that case post back with the error message that you receive.

Bill Becker

Monday, July 22, 2013 1:29 AM