Card Reader Error: 0x800703EE ERROR_FILE_INVALID RRS feed

• Question

• Running Win7 on HP Pavilion Entertainment PC.

When i try and move the photos from the camera card to the laptop, the followng error occurs:

Card Reader error 0x800703EE file Invalid

The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid.

The files on the camera card have been "combined" into a new file with the name of the first image file name and the date 5/16/2022.  The Images that were on the card are dated 8/3/2002.  Even the times are different.  The size of a typical image taken by my camera is 2,563KB.  The new file created by the "error or volume alteration, is 3,423,368KB.  It appears that the images have all been combined into one file by the process of moving them to the computer.  It will happen if I choose to allow the computer to process them, if I copy and paste them into a folder on the desktop, or if I cut and paste them.

This has happened on more than one card, on more than one computer and on photos taken with two different cameras.

We have already lost some special photos on several occasions.  I hope someone can help.  Thank you in advance.

Monday, August 6, 2012 9:52 PM

Answers

All replies