Mesh service causes my laptop to display black screen, even when I turned remote desktop RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

This is about the mesh that came with Windows Live 2011. I have been using the remote desktop for a few months already, but last night, after I've disconnected the connection from my other netbook, the laptop screen showed black screen, kinda similar to what you'd expect when the you hide actions in the remote connection. So I connected to the laptop again, and I can see everything through the connection, but again, nothing on the laptop screen it self. So I tried to "show my actions", and a box popped up saying that there was a problem showing actions.

Now, I am stuck with the black screen, I tried restarting the computer, cold start, whatever, and it shows the login screen and the desktop if I type my password in quick enough, but the mesh service takes over after 30 seconds or so, and I am left with a black screen again.

I've worked around the problem by disabling remote connections on the laptop, and restart the computer, but whenever I enabled it, the screen goes black.

Is this a known bug? Can some one help me? I really want to get remote desktop back...

Thanks in advance,

Jonny

Friday, March 18, 2011 11:39 PM

Answers

•  

Since you are referring to Windows Live Mesh, not Live Mesh - www.mesh.com, you are in the wrong forum. Yes, the naming convention is confusing, though I like that they kept the Mesh name alive for the upgrade to Live Sync (formerly FolderShare).

For discussion of the new Windows Live Mesh (formerly Sync), (as well as the released Live Sync version) go here:

http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=24

I encountered this in the past with Live Mesh beta, but the solution, in my case was a reboot or a reconnect from another machine remotely, and then a simple disconnect.

In your case, it appears that the display driver for the Live Mesh remote connection is setting itself as the primary display and not releasing it. Try updating your display driver for your computer's graphics card.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, March 21, 2011 1:44 PM