My Motherboard died - and corrupted my hard drive - how to transfer to same computer (case) new hdd new motherboard RRS feed

• Question

• I have Office Enterprise installed on my old computer. It permits ONE installation I understand. I wish to continue to use it on my computer (same computer new hdd and new motherboard). I cannot uninstall it from the previous hard drive, as this hard drive does not boot - it got corrupted due to a dodgy motherboard.

So I can see the files on the old computer, but can't boot into it. I can copy the files across, which I will and will then format the old hdd and whey hey I've got lots of disk space.

But as I can't boot this drive, I can't uninstall Office 2007. As I can't uninstall, I can't install - as the activation server will say - hey you're trying to activate a second copy.

How do I get over this? I just wish to continue to use ONE copy of Office 2007 on my ONE computer.

Saturday, September 25, 2010 11:12 AM

Answers

• Hello brianwilson,

Office Enterprise 2007, unless you purchased the product directly from Microsoft under the Home Use Program (HUP) for employees of companies that have a valid Volume Licensing Agreement with Microsoft, is not licensed for consumer use.

Assuming you did purchase under the HUP, simply install your HUP Office Enterprise 2007 onto the computer after it gets fixed.  If there is any sort of activation problem, choose the option in the Activation Wizard to activate by telephone.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Saturday, September 25, 2010 12:46 PM